Saturday, September 27, 2014

Bull Fight at Dusk Thursday Near Ponca

I received a reliable report that there was a bull fight near Ponca Thursday night. According to my source, Little Forks was deposed as the herd bull. There is no question the Ponca fields are setup now for bull fights. I have seen more fights in those fields than anywhere else in the valley.  There are many cow elk and many bulls arriving for the first time. This is prime time according to my records and experience. If you hope to see a bull fight, get here now. Read the entry I posted on listening for a bull fight. It will improve your percentages. Bull fights are happening now as the first herd bulls are being challenged by bulls only now coming to the rut. Don't forget to check for the Otter just downstream from the Ponca Low Water Bridge they were active Thursday there about 10AM.  Worthwhile to both see and photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.