Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Rut slowly heating up, more bull elk are arriving.

 Good elk viewing this morning. Multiple Bulls in the Smith Creek Field. 3 herds in the rut, see map. The Ponca Herd (Zone1) is the most reliable now across a number of days. The most bugling is at the south end in the Smith Creek Field. Bulls are showing up now and running all around as rut progresses. The best viewing is in the morning before 9 and in the evenings. Elk traffic hazard is greater now with bulls moving to the cow herds. Watch the roadsides. Don't forget the live chat at AWP if you want more details.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.