Sunday, November 10, 2013

11/10/13 Elk Herd Locations & Report -- Viewing Improves

As I suggested yesterday, sometimes modern rifle deer season drives elk into the pastures for improved viewing. This morning's viewing would seem to support that idea. (Remember to watch out for deer for the next 2 weeks, they are running everywhere.)

Elk viewing was pretty good until about 7:30 CDT, which tracks right along with 8:30 CT. This time has been pretty standard as the time elk move from the fields to the bedding areas in the morning. People who came after 8:30 CDT were lucky to see an elk.

I would estimate that there were at least 35 cars this morning to see the elk. The afternoon viewing shift will begin about 4 PM. Generally I don't go down for that, but I am fairly certain viewing will be good this evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.