Friday, November 22, 2013

Checkerbird

Nights like tonight I dig into my archives and hole up waiting for the next photo shoot. As a rule I don't really remember a lot of what I have unless it is amazing. Around home here there are plenty of subjects sometimes pretty amazing light.

This picture is of one of my two roosters. I call him Checkerbird, he is the last of a line of crosses of the American Java and Black Breasted Red Phoenix chickens I have had.  

I think if you concentrate when you take pictures, you learn a lot. I will never tire of studying light of all types. In this picture I got Checkerbird in filtered light coming through my oak trees. I waited a long time for this picture. Timing the moments when your subject is in these beams of light is a worthwhile skill to sharpen. 

Checkerbird in Filtered Light

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.