Monday, November 11, 2013

11/11/13 Elk Herd Locations & Report

Elk viewing was good this morning, especially at the Ponca access with a herd lingering in the northernmost field until about 9 AM. Elsewhere in the valley were small herds and scattered animals.

The elk are clearly being impacted by deer hunters. When you visit be very aware while driving, the animals are nervous and many are feeding along the roadsides.

The big bull herd is in the middle valley area. These are the big boys that will provide great photos for months to come as you can see in my December 2012 photos. This is the emerging late rut pattern. There are still rutting bulls, and the possibility of a bull fight still exists but it is fading.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.