Thursday, November 7, 2013

11/7/13 Elk Herd Locations & Report -- Elk Return After Rains

Elk viewing was pretty good this morning, especially for those who arrived early. Viewing was pretty much done by the time sunlight hit the fields, so it is important to arrive as early as you can, ideally around 7AM, CDT or earlier.

The action has shifted to the south end now with a small herd at the 43/21 intersection, and a large herd with a huge bull with satellites in the south end of the valley by the Upper Wilderness Trailhead. This second herd has a couple of big satellite bulls as well as over 30 cows. Viewing was good last night according to a reliable report

Be sure to check the whole valley. The Ponce field could come alive with the weather change.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.