Tuesday, November 5, 2013

11/5/13 Elk Herd Locations & Report

The valley was pretty quiet this morning largely due to weather. As I write this we are in a changing weather pattern transitioning from rainy weather to cool, clear weather on Wednesday.  In these conditions elk seem to move around a lot.

This morning there was a small herd at the 43/21 intersection and a handful of bulls were elsewhere. There are 3 active areas in the valley now and I recommend checking the whole valley when you visit. Viewing conditions are changing all the time now until we get into more of a settled weather pattern. Viewing times should lengthen with the predicted much cooler weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.