Saturday, November 9, 2013

11/9/13 Elk Herd Locations & Report -- Rifle Season Begins

Elk headed for cover early today roughly about 8 AM. The herd locations are pretty stable, pretty much tracking like yesterday. The movements out of the fields are pretty similar too.

Orange up if you hike -- modern rifle season opened today. Whitetail deer are running everywhere now as a result of modern rifle season.  Be very careful driving too. This morning I had 2 different close calls that would have been certain accidents were I not driving relatively slowly -- 40 mph vs. 55. There was a deer fatality in Boxley Valley this morning.

Sometimes deer hunting season drives elk herds into the fields. I would definitely survey the whole valley when you visit because things will be pretty dynamic for a couple of weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.