Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Boxley Stud and a Shag December 18 Last Year

The best bull pictures are ahead from now until the end of March. This picture is from last year on December 18, over a month from now. As I have said a few times before, the best bull elk photography is ahead. If you want big bull pictures, it is easier after the rut starts winding down.

This particular shoot was one of my memorable ones, the kind of days you don't forget. Great light, great bull, and plenty of chances. The frost made getting details in his neck easy. I had the place to myself.

Remember this. The bull elk don't drop their antlers until around April 1. If you are serious about wanting some amazing elk shots we are now entering the very best time of the year. This will be when you get your trophy shots.

The Legendary Boxley Stud Bull Elk (and Shag Elk)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.