Sunday, November 3, 2013

11/3/13 Elk Herd Locations & Report

Great elk viewing this morning at the Ponca access field. A nice bull and his harem put on a show from daybreak until at least 11 to the delight of hundreds of onlookers. The Ponca field remains the strongest viewing opportunity percentage wise, but there is a fine bull and his harem around the 43/21 intersection field, but he was not visible this morning.

Elsewhere in Boxley Valley there were many bulls and evidence that other herds were around but not visible.  Definitely search the entire valley before settling on your final viewing location.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.