Friday, November 15, 2013

11/15/13 Elk Herd Locations & Report

As I mentioned yesterday, poor viewing conditions could turn on a dime in modern gun season. That is exactly what happened.

The big news is a large herd that showed up this morning. I would say it is the largest I have seen this year and it is being led by Godzilla, one of the huge bulls. They are in the 43/21 field. My guess is that they were moved in by deer hunters. Another small herd was in the field just south of the elk pullout this morning.

Expect herds to move around a lot during whitetail gun season. The best course is to check the whole valley during this time. We are also in a weather change and that impacts the movements.

Watch out for whitetail deer, they are running everywhere now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.