Thursday, September 15, 2011

9/15/11 Elk Rut Update

Maverick and his harem offer the best elk viewing now. His herd remains in the south end of Boxley Valley down by Smith Creek. He has many satellite bulls around his herd, but none of them are significant challengers so far.

More cow elk are coming into estrous all the time. This weekend will be great for viewing.

Hacksaw and his harem are up toward the middle of the valley, but too far off for good viewing. Looks like they are heading south slowly.

For the time being, Gozilla has moved his harem to a back field. I am pretty sure he will pop up in a south end field within a few days.

Today's updated 9/15/11 map is below:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.