Monday, October 17, 2011

10/17/11 -- Weather Change, Herds Gone for Now

The only elk to view this morning were the Boxley Beast's herd as he headed them up to the Upper Wilderness. The rest of the valley was empty except for stragglers.

After tonight's predicted thunderstorms, the next few days will be unseasonably cool. This will create a new viewing pattern. I expect to see elk viewing pick up through the week, but tonight is iffy to be sure. Elk seem to know what is going to happen with the weather so I expect them to take cover even though the storms are supposed to hit after sundown.

Tuesday through Thursday should be good viewing because of unseasonably cool temperatures, and cold nights.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.