Saturday, October 8, 2011

Fall Color on the Buffalo National River

Each day now brings more fall color. Yesterday's elk failure provided a pretty decent river landscape. If you have never stalked fall color along a pooled up river or creek you are missing an opportunity. I think the best compositions are at angles along the flow of the river and not straight on. I like to have a river vanishing point if if it is possible, all other things being equal. The final test comes from inside, the sense that you are witnessing a special moment in nature. That is what inspired me with this photo -- it felt right.

October Sunrise at Big Hollow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.