Wednesday, October 19, 2011

10/19/11 Herd Location Map

This morning looked like moving day to me. Most all the elk were gone by 8AM. Many seemed to be on teh move to other locations. Plenty of stragglers around.

A small herd has returned to the Ponca fields and appeared to bed down behind them this morning. Otherwise, the herd at mid-valley was out.  In the south end field by Smith Creek, I would have to rate them stragglers at this point.

We have experienced quite a weather change. Quite cold this morning and on the edge of frost. In the past, this shift to a colder weather pattern has always changed elk behavior. It should be interesting this week to see where this leads.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.