Wednesday, October 26, 2011

10/26/11 No Elk Herds This Morning

There are days like this. My feeling is that the elk herds will be back in Boxley Valley by the end of the week as the weather cools. This is the second day with not much going on in Boxley Valley. My best guess is that when the elk do reappear, they will be from the Lost Valley entrance road and points south.  I will keep you posted. Be sure to check the whole valley when you visit. The elk herds will re-appear very suddenly. We are still in the 2011 rut.

Fall color is great now, much better than in the last few years. If you are planning to do a color tour, this weekend will be the first great fall color touring weekend.  Don't forget the Color Fest in Ponca Friday and Saturday.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.