Friday, October 28, 2011

10/28/11 Elk Herd Report & Color Fest Friday and Saturday

Elk have responded to the weather change as I expected. The herd that is/was in the very first Ponca field put on a good show this morning to a nice crowd. This herd will probably move across the street today to get away from cattle in the adjoining fields.

There are a couple of other herds in the valley, but they were a bit slow getting out today. One is behind the mill pond, and another is in the field north of Smith Creek. The latter one was bedded down in a big depression in the field.

I am doing free photo workshops today and tomorrow at 2PM at the Color Fest. This will focus on elk by the season with some attention to conditions and photographic challenges.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.