Tuesday, September 3, 2013

7x7, Junk Yard Dog 2013

This is JYD, Junk Yard Dog for 2013.  He is the bull I saw this morning showing rut behavior.  This year he is a 7x7 and very early to the rut. If past experience means anything, he will still be in the rut at the end of the season. 

This year he definitely has "game". Big body, and a nice rack. Note that his nutmeg brown rack was scraped of velvet a while back. He has been early all around, other bulls still have some velvet. 

The first fights are just a couple of weeks off.  Countdown to the rut continues, will you be ready?  If you want to photograph this big guy, get to the valley early, around 7AM.  Today at least, he was down by Smith Creek at the south end of Boxley Valley. 


Big Bull Elk 7x7 2013 Rut
JYD, Junk Yard Dog  7x7 Curly Eye Guard on His Left

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.