Tuesday, September 24, 2013

9/24/13 Elk Herd Location Map

Elk viewing remains very good with 3 herds in Boxley Valley from end to end.  See map below.  

New bulls are now arriving every day, signalling that we are steadily notching up in the rut.  There are also stragglers and maveric bulls here and there.  Things are very dynamic now and the pace of change is picking up. 

If you plan to visit, the next week or so is when the action really ramps up. I reviewed my records and bull fights are most common from now through the 2nd week of October.  Nobody can guarantee you will see a bull fight, but your percentages are the best during this period.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.