Sunday, September 8, 2013

9/8/13 Bugling This Morning in the South End of Boxley Valley

This morning a bull elk was running cows in the south end of Boxley Valley. I heard him bugle 3 times, the last time at 8:45 AM.  This big guy is the 7x7 I posted earlier -- JYD.

It is still early. There were 2 herds this morning with bulls.  Not many cow elk are estrous, but now is the very early start of the annual rut.

I am not saying you will hear an elk bugle if you visit now, but you could. Bugling will be frequent in 2 weeks.  This is only the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.