Thursday, September 19, 2013

9/19/13 No Visible Herds This Morning

Sadly, as I suspected there were no elk herds visible in Boxley Valley this morning.  There was the odd elk here and there, but clearly the elk headed for cover yesterday as it seemed.  That is the bad news.

Here is the good news.  After today we head into a cool weather pattern with 70 degree temps predicted for the weekend, with lows in one case of 48.  That will jump start the rut and it marks a return to close to seasonally normal temps.

Adding to the good news is the overdue mowing of Boxley Valley roadsides. Tall grass has blocked elk viewing in many cases, not to mention the chiggers.

My guess is that the weekend viewing will be good.  I will be checking and reporting tomorrow morning. Friday has predictions of thunderstorms that will clear out by Saturday.  Both Saturday and Sunday will have highs in the low 70's and lows in the upper 40's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.