Friday, September 13, 2013

9/13/13 Elk Herd Map & Weekend Outlook

Elk viewing was not very good this morning.  Despite cooler temperatures, the elk herds remain dug in close to the river or in the back woodlands.  One herd was visible this morning down by Smith Creek.

This welcome break from the heat will change elk viewing patterns over the next few days, possibly by Saturday or Sunday.  Only the elk know for sure.  I did hear some bugling this morning, but not as much as earlier in the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.