Saturday, September 28, 2013

9/28/13 Elk Herd Location Map

Elk viewing conditions and locations remain about the same.  Things are dynamic now with herd bulls switching in the 3 main viewing areas.  This morning viewing was very good in the Ponca field.

This morning Pretty Boy lost his harem to a bull bugling from behind the cane line. My bet is that the new bull is Junk Yard Dog, the same bull who has robbed Pretty Boy now for 2 years.  JYD is a beautiful 7x7, check out the post I did on him. Photographers, you will want a good pic of JYD.

Rain is coming and with it some uncertainty about viewing.  The last forecast I saw said it was 80% chance this evening for rain and possibly thunderstorms.  Elk do love rain, they don't like thunderstorms. Depending on which way it goes viewing could be bad or good.

9/28/13 Elk Herd Locations

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.