Monday, September 30, 2013

9/30/13 Elk Herd Location Map

Conditions were better than yesterday, but the pickings are still pretty thin.  At least there was 1 herd visible down by the 43/21 intersection.  This is Little Tine and his harem of 6 or 8 cows.

Elsewhere in the valley elk were scattered. I saw one good sized maverick bull attempting to cross 43 near Ponca, no doubt on his way to the herd up the bluff in a back field. That herd may appear at any time and return to the Ponca fields.  This is a normal rotation.

In the south end there were stragglers around Beech Creek and the Buffalo River. I suspect there is a herd just south of the Buffalo, but they have been holed up for a few days.

9/30/13 Elk Herd Locations

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.