Wednesday, September 18, 2013

9/18/13 Heading for Cover

Sometimes you can predict the weather by the movement of the elk herds. Today might have been such a day.

I got down to Boxley Valley this morning just in time to see both valley herds travelling to the back fields (well out of viewing).  This could mean they are gone for just today or perhaps for a few days. Rain is predicted for Friday with an accumulation of .4 inches or so.

Anyway, I am not publishing a map today because it would be misleading.  Had I not got to Boxley Valley before 8AM, I would not have seen anything except stragglers.  For now at least, the two herd bulls and their harems are out of sight.

I will be checking again tomorrow AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.