Saturday, September 28, 2013

9/28/13 Elk Watchers View Pretty Boy and His Harem

These elk watchers had the rare treat of seeing one of the early herd bulls "Pretty Boy" and his harem near Highway 43.  Pretty boy is on the far right.  He was attempting to protect his harem from a bull just a quarter of a mile away. Ultimately he lost his harem, but avoided a fight.  It was very good up close viewing in any case.  Pretty Boy bugled a lot for the crowd. 


Elk Watching Along Highway 43 Near Ponca, AR
Elk Watchers Near Ponca on 9/28

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.