Friday, October 11, 2013

10/11/13 Elk Herd Location Map & Report

Elk viewing was tough this morning with heavy fog early on, but the bugling was very strong especially in the north valley area near Ponca. The Ponca fields remain teed up for bull fights. I heard reports this morning of the elk bugling all night long near Ponca.  There are a lot of bulls showing up in the Ponca area focused on the herd there. This is a classic elk rut setup.

Hooks was not so cooperative this morning and made only a brief appearance down by the Buffalo on the south end of Boxley Valley.  He did show up last night, so I think this evening is a good bet. Hooks is a fine bull and you will want to see him. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.