Sunday, October 13, 2013

10/13/13 Elk Herd Location Map & Report

Elk viewing was pretty much unchanged today.  The one herd visible in the valley is in the Ponca fields and moving around some.  That will be the best location for evening viewing tonight.

The cold weather begins tomorrow.  Cold and clear with even the possibility of 39 degrees late in the week overnight, with highs in the 60's.  That is perfect weather for elk viewing, and for fall color that is coming on fast.

Overnight Pretty Boy lost his harem.  Not sure of his successor, but this is the 3rd year running. He is just not quite large enough yet to be a prime time herd bull.

The injured bull I reported last night seems to be healing OK.  He has a long cut on his right side, but it closed up and he is getting around OK through limping.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.