Monday, October 21, 2013

Think About Landscape Elk Shots, Tell a Story

I think the best wildlife photos seem to express the emotion of animals.  This bull elk is crossing the Hailstone after a night of grazing.  He is in no hurry and seems to be reflecting.  My point is that bull photos can be more than just muscular, they can express a broad range of emotions.  

Maybe expressing this is best done in more of a landscape approach like the photo below.  This perspective places the bull in a broader context, and in that context we interpret his gaze and posture differently. We see what he is focused on, and that he is alone.  A more conventional tight shot would not give us the rest of the story.  This is more of a painting.  

Shoot Elk in Landscape Compositions to Tell a Story 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.