Saturday, October 19, 2013

10/19/13 Elk Herd Location Map & Report

Elk viewing was much better this morning with 2 herds visible. The first was a pretty good sized herd that I reported last night in the Ponca Fields. It has 3 bulls, a herd bull and 2 satellites and about 30 cows and calves.  The second herd was a small all bull herd in the elk pullout field. Evening viewing seems to be better the last few days at the Ponca location.

Cold weather seems to be changing the elk viewing pattern for the better. There is deer hunting now and this unsettles the elk. I believe the hunt ends this weekend or in a couple of more days.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.