Saturday, October 5, 2013

10/5/13 Frontal Change Late, 10 Degree Drop

The frontal change this morning came 10 hours later than predicted, but now has passed dropping temperatures 10 degrees in a couple of hours.  Elk like cool, wet weather so viewing should improve significantly today and certainly tomorrow.  This is the beginning of  the true fall weather we have been waiting for after a period of unseasonably warm weather.

This morning elk viewing was not so good as elk head for cover in advance of a storm.  I expect it to improved steadily over the next few days.

The herd bull "Little Tine" appeared with his harem down by the 43/21 intersection.  The diffused group down by the Buffalo on the south end was visible.  The bull did make a brief appearance if you got lucky.  Stragglers elsewhere.


10/5/13 Elk Herd Location Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.