Monday, October 21, 2013

10/21/13 Elk Herd Locations & Report

Elk viewing improved a lot today with a herd near the Ponca Access.  The bull and a few cows even went into the river for a while and provided photographers with some pretty good pictures.  Elsewhere in the valley there were stragglers, but more than in recent days. A couple of bulls sparred for a while down by Moore Creek.  There was some bugling this morning too.

Perhaps we can get  back on track now with normal viewing.  The weather is cool, fall color is peaking and conditions are ideal for the elk herds.

I got a report that the otter are in the Buffalo behind the Steel Creek tent campground.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.