Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Introducing "Hammers"

Most of the time I don't bother naming lesser bulls, and certainly "Hammers" is one of the least lessers. Hammers is short for "Dumb as a Bag of Hammers", and yes, he is on the dumb end of the elk scale. Having said that, he has also made many visits to Boxley Valley worthwhile for our elk watchers who can see him up close.

Hammers is a shag bull and not very timid, he is often found grazing along the roadsides down by the Buffalo River in the south end. Probably more phone pictures are taken of Hammers than any other bull elk. This is his gift to elk tourism.

Maybe Hammers is the Forrest Gump of elk tourism, and he is ours.  Drive slowly in the south end where he lives.

Hammers the Shag Bull

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.