Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Hooks in the Fog by the Buffalo River -- 10/9/13

Getting out there is the key to getting the best shots. There is no substitute for determination. Today when I got down to the valley it was really socked in with dense fog.  At the north end I thought it could be a total loss, and I really didn't have time anyway.  As I drove south, the fog was not so dense, and Hooks was right at the roadside ready to pose. 

Thin fog can provide really interesting light.  Hooks provided the pose with a slight head tilt showing some expression, always a key. Partial natural frame, slight up angle, and the background is fogged out of focus.  Something a little different.  Maybe more engaging.  These small things add up. 

Hooks in the Fog by the Buffalo River


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.