Monday, October 14, 2013

Steamer Season -- Cold Weather is Start of Steamer Season

I have been shooting elk for a long time now and "steamers" are one of my favorite photo strategies to add something to kind of ordinary compositions. "Steamers" will be possible on early morning shots beginning this week. The obvious first choice is a bull elk bugling, but there are many other choices as below from my archives. I added the shot locations.

Bull Elk
Satellite Bull Looking at Harem (43/21 Area)
Bull Elk
Backlit Bull Walking and Bugling (Ponca Field)
Bull Elk
Bull Breathing Heavy Over a Cow (Ponca Field)
Bull Elk
Shag Elk Just Bounding Around (Lost Valley)
Bull Elk
Big Bull Just Breathing in Frost (Lost Valley)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.