Thursday, October 24, 2013

10/24/13 Elk Herd Locations & Report

This morning there were 2 herds like yesterday and in the same locations.  The Ponca herd continues to be pretty predicable now for many days, and viewing has been good in the morning and evening for a while.

The second herd is an all-bull herd down by the 43/21 intersection. The all bull herd will move around a lot in that field and the next one south.  There are about 8 bulls in it.

Viewing is extended in this cool weather, but early and late viewing is the most reliable. Be sure to check the whole valley on each visit.

There are a lot of whitetail deer moving around because of hunting. Be alert to them on roadsides.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.