Sunday, October 6, 2013

Recent Elk Fight Video & Facebook Page

One of the most dedicated elk photographers in our area, Andy Favors, was kind enough to share a bull fight video that he shot in the Ponca fields a couple of days ago. This is the same herd that was visible this morning in the Ponca fields. As I indicate on my maps, this field is #1 for bull fights for many years running due to its habitat setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGv6znLt17I  This is a real fight, not sparring. You can tell by the leg drive and the energy.  Thanks to Andy for sharing this video on YouTube.

Also, Andy created a Facebook page for Arkansas Elk. He says there are now 600 members, reflecting the explosion of interest in Arkansas elk and the Boxley Valley area. https://www.facebook.com/groups/415729005157521/

Andy will be selling his elk photography at the Ponca Elk Education Center's 2013 Color Fest, October 18-19, 10 to 4:30PM at the Center. I encourage you to stop by and talk to him. He is one of the knowledgeable photographers working the Boxley Valley elk herd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.