Monday, October 28, 2013

10/28/13 Elk Herd Location Map & Report

There were 2 herds in the Ponca fields this morning, and a 3rd small one in the south end by the Upper Wilderness Trailhead. Lots of bugling. I thought a fight might happen but it did not. The table is set for one, and it should be a few days. Lots of energy.  The more active herd was jammed right into the cane line on the north end, and they did head to the river for a few shots for the photographers present.

The small herd on the south end is very different and kind of placid. Still, if you have not seen elk, they were quite visible and perfect for elk watching.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.