Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Park to Re-Open -- House and Senate On Track for Agreement Today

The government default appears to be resolved and the Buffalo National River should re-open within days.

I don't have any more details at this point, but it is clear the political deal has been struck and should pass today barring any last minute disruption.

There was some concern yesterday that passage of the continuing resolution and extension of the debt ceiling would be blocked by parliamentary maneuvers in congress.   Clearer minds prevailed and the crisis appears to be averted.

How this translates specifically to our Buffalo National River re-opening I don't know.  The NPS website, nps.gov, is closed due to the shut down.  I don't think it will take very long to get things underway -- hopefully by the weekend.

Details to follow as more information is available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.