Monday, October 28, 2013

Old Barn by 43/21 Intersection

I don't know how many photos I have of this old barn, but it might be 100+.  It is fascinating to take pictures of old buildings across the seasons and with all the variations in light.  In this case it is early color, fog and sunrise light.  It is a very detailed photo, tough to sharpen correctly for web scale.

Animal photography is my priority, then there are wildflowers, and old buildings. I love how the fog adds mood to early morning photos.  Sunrise light is warm and it offers a lot of dynamic range making 3D looking photos.  If there were no elk in the valley, a day could be spent just on the many old buildings that are there.  This is one of the best, but there are many.  I took this as a "time out" from shooting elk that were in the field opposite the old barn. Not a bad break.

The Old Barn at 43/21 Intersection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.