Friday, October 25, 2013

The Old Historic Mill is Open This Weekend for Tours

Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm each day the historic Boxley Valley Mill will be open to visitors.  It is located just north of the mill pond.  Look for the signs.

Inside the mill are great displays of the old machinery.  The mill is a turbine mill rather than a waterwheel mill that is much more common.

Park Ranger Linda Bishop does interpretive presentations of the history of the mill and items of interest.

This is a perfect complement to your visit to Boxley Valley to see the elk.  Usually by 10 am the herds have left the fields and they return at 5 pm or so as the sunlight begins to fade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.