Wednesday, October 10, 2012

10/10/11 Elk Picture of the Day

This bull is crossing the Buffalo National River in early fall color. He is heading for his bedding ground. These are the photos I seek as an experienced elk photographer. The challenge becomes telling the "story of the elk" in the best setting. Getting them in the Buffalo with a reflection is always a treat.

This is the biggest bull of a bachelor bull herd. They are not quite ready to compete in the rut so for now they are together away from the rut. In a year or two they will be in the fray. This bull has a distinctive forked tine on his left site. Should make him easy to ID in future years.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.