Tuesday, October 9, 2012

10/9/12 Elk Herd Location Map

This morning the elk were pretty active. The best bugling was in the south end, but virtually anywhere there is a herd, there will be bugling.

No herd this morning in Lost Valley, but I believe it is still hanging around that area, so Lost Valley should be checked with any visit Boxley Valley. This has been a relatively long run in Lost Valley, but there are a few factors that have focused a herd there, like haying and armyworms in nearby fields that would normally be in the "rotation".

The deep south end is heating up again.  There was a small bull herd and a regular herd in that field.

The 10/9/12 herd map is below:


10/9/12 Elk Herd Location Map, Ponca, AR

Elk Herd Locations 10/9/12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.