Monday, October 8, 2012

10/8/12 Elk Herd Location Map

Elk were moving all around today. Most notable today was at least one herd showed up in Lost Valley. The star of the show in Lost Valley was the bull I call JYD (Junk Yard Dog) with his distinctive down eye guard on his right side. This is from an injury during his velvet period this year.

I expect the elk to be Lost Valley tonight, but nothing is certain. There was good activity up in the Ponca fields. A third bull is running cows down by the Upper Wilderness Trailhead.

Elk are scattered elsewhere in the valley. Please note that there are roadside grazers in the south end and they remain a hazard. Please drive carefully, around 35-40 MPH in the south end.

Today's up to date elk herd location map is below:

Elk Herd Locations in Boxley Valley, 10/8/12


Elk Herd Locations 10/8/12 in Boxley Valley 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.