Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fall Color Along the Buffalo National River

Fall color has arrived. It has a way to go to be at peak, but personally I prefer it early and late when the colors are mixed and there are more textures. This picture was taken yesterday while I was waiting on the elk. Great work if you can get it.

River reflections are great landscape subjects. The Buffalo National River region has many different choices for landscape shots like Hawksbill Crag and Roark Bluff in Steel Creek. I don't prefer either, just one step behind these marquee subjects are river pictures that are amazing. The good news is that they are everywhere on the river, end to end, and the big show is just starting.

Elk often take cover around 8 or 9 AM. About this time, and for another hour or so, river landscapes really light up. They are a perfect complement to your elk shooting.

If you seek elk river crossings, you can get both. Nearly all my landscapes are an afterthought of my wildlife photos. I sit on a game trail waiting for what comes. Occasionally I put a wide angle lens on and shoot the landscape I am given.  The picture below is an example. I would not change much if I was just seeking landscape photos.

Early Fall Color Reflection on the Buffalo National River 10/10/11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.