Friday, October 19, 2012

10/19/12 Great Elk Viewing Continues Early and Late

This weekend will continue the outstanding elk viewing we have had in the last few weeks. My standard advice about getting to the valley early is important in the upper 70's temperature forecast.

5 herds this morning and good viewing from the 43/21 area to the Ponca fields. This pattern has been solid for a week except for a brief period of stormy weather. It is taking shape as the pattern for 2012.
There are 2 more herds in the extreme south end, but they offer much less reliable viewing.

The biggest bull, the Boxley Stud is near Moore Creek just south of the 43/21 intersection.

10/19/12 Elk Herd Locations in Boxley Valley near Ponca, AR

10/19/12 Elk Herd Locations

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.