Sunday, October 14, 2012

Boxley Valley Whitetail Deer

Visitors to Boxley Valley will see more than elk. There are trumpeter swans at the mill pond, often near an active beaver dam and mound. Whitetail deer are also pretty common. 

In my trek to one of my favorite elk spots today, I saw a coyote and a gray fox (missed them both). But I did get the whitetail doe that was standing in the river peeking at me through the foliage. 

The picture shows that wildlife photography can be approached as an abstract subject. All that out of focus color is called bokeh, and it is a fundamental creative tool in every photographer's tool kit. 

Whitetail Doe in the Buffalo National River
Whitetail Doe in Buffalo National River

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.