Saturday, October 20, 2012

10/20/12 Elk Herd Location Update

This map updates herd locations based on last night's observations. 

2 more herds showed up last evening. One down by the south trailhead to the Upper Wilderness, and a second showed up in Lost Valley. This has to be a record year for elk herds in Lost Valley. It must be due to reduced forage because of the drought and army worms. 

Elk viewing should be great all weekend. 7 herds is about the most you will ever see in Lost Valley. A couple of these are on the small side, but it is a treat to see so many elk. 

Remember the ends of the day offer you the best opportunities. Elk do stay out past normal times in cold weather, but this weekend promises to be warmer and clear. I would not depend on seeing many elk past 9 AM. 


Elk Herd Locations Updated for 10/19 PM



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.