Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Otter at the Ponca Access 10/31/12

River Otter, Buffalo National River
River Otter, Ponca Access, Buffalo National River 10/31/12
The Buffalo National River is nothing if not unpredictable. There are a lot of otter and if you visit pay attention for unexpected ripples in the water, and activity along the banks.

Otter are fun to watch and to take pictures of. Getting a decent photo is like playing Whack-A-Mole with your camera.

It is worthwhile to just sit at the river and wait to see what happens. Today this otter hung around for a while, then elk migrated across the Ponca Access, , and a little later  I saw an 8 point buck cross the river downstream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.