Wednesday, October 10, 2012

10/10/12 Elk Herd Locations

Beautiful fall weather and early color have made elk viewing and photography amazing. This morning I got my second river crossing of the year, this time by a bachelor bull herd.

The elk pattern remains pretty constant. The herd that has been in the Ponca fields continues its run. I still expect elk in Lost Valley, but there were none this morning. There were 2 bull herds, and scattered elk elsewhere. There are at least 2 rutting herds in the back fields but nearby.

The 10/10/12 elk herd location map is below:

10/10/12 Elk Herd Locations in Boxley Valley

Elk Herd Locations 10/10/12


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.